Yacht Brokers Required
Why use an YCA Yacht Broker/Dealer?
For most people, a Yacht is the 2nd most expensive item they will ever purchase and It can be a stressful experience, unless guided properly by an experienced brokerage and legal team.
YCA Yacht Brokers work like Real Estate agents. They are agents that you consult to find and purchase a boat, and hire to list, represent, and sell boats for them. Traditionally, the Seller pays the commissions that a yacht broker earns - not the Buyer; yacht brokers have a duty to both Buyer and Seller in every transaction, although those duties can vary from country to country.
YCA Yacht Dealers represent new yachts offered by Yacht Manufacturers’... often taking "trade-ins" to facilitate the sale of a new boat. Dealers advertise their trade-ins, often at very good pricing. Some dealers will refurbish the boat before putting it on the market. Some dealers even offer a pre-owned boat warranty program, similar to the automotive industry, particularly in smaller craft.
The YCA Yacht Brokers' Role for the Buyer
- Most boats pre-owned boats advertised on our Yacht Brokerage, originate from "Central Agency listings" of a yacht brokers we have partnered up with, including “trade-in” Yachts from new boat Dealers, If you are viewing a broker listing or a trade-in, the listing broker or dealer are likely to know the vessel inside and out. They have been selected by the owner/seller to exclusively represent this vessel (or the dealership may now own the vessel) and all inquiries must go through this yacht broker or boat dealer. If you are not already working with a yacht broker, and if you find a boat in YCA Yacht Brokerage of interest, simply contact a YCA broker directly. If you are already working with a Yacht Broker, please have him contact us immediately, as we respect the relationship you have already developed with him.
在我们游艇经纪页面刊登的船多数为二手艇，他们来源于与我们合作的游艇纪经公司，这些艇包括来自与新船经销商的“抵价换购”艇。如果您在查看一艘代理的艇或者”抵价换购”的艇的话，卖家代表和经销商很可能了解此艇的外部及内部情况，因为这些卖家代表是船东/卖方选定的独家代理这些船的机构 (或者经销商目前拥有此船), 并且所有的询盘都必须要经过此游艇经纪商或船经销商。如果您还没有选择一位游艇经纪人的话，或者您已经在YCA网站上寻找到您感兴趣的艇的话，请直接联系我司的游艇经纪人。如果您已经选定了一位游艇经纪人，请即刻让他们联系我们，因为我们我们尊重您已经与他之前形成的关系。
- The Initial Inquiry – Your YCA broker will listen closely to your wants and needs and will help you determine if the boat you are calling on is right boat for you at the best value. He can objectively tell you about the condition of the vessel before you decide whether or not to spend your time to look at the boat. Your broker will help you to determine if there are similar boats on (and off) the market, the history of the yacht, how long it has been on the market, as well as the motivation of the seller. Anyone can look up asking prices on boats, but it takes a professional broker to have an intimate knowledge of current market conditions, a familiarity of similar boats, and information on recent sale prices and time on the market through industry resources not available to the public.
- Getting a Boat Loan and Marine Insurance - You may want to “pre-qualify” for a boat loan before you shop. That will give you some extra leverage and financial flexibility when negotiating prices. We can offer you a variety of “specialist Marine Lenders”.
获取船款及船舶保险 – 在您开始选购之前，您或许需要在申请船贷之前“预先验证”，这样您在议价时，会给你额外的优势及经济上的弹性。我们可以为您提供一个多样化的”船借贷专家”公司。
- Making an Offer on a Pre-Owned Boat – Our Broker can help you decide on a realistic offer that increases the chances of buying a pre-owned boat for a fair and reasonable price, and with the necessary elements to protect your interests. Your broker will prepare an Offer to Purchase for your signature. It should spell out the terms of the sale including obligations that you and the seller have agreed to, and when these obligations will be fulfilled. You also make a good-faith deposit on the boat, usually placed in escrow (trust), and subject to sea trial and survey.
为二手艇提供相应的议价 – 我们的经纪人可以帮助您决定此艇的销售价格是否是最实惠的，以增加您以公平合理的价格购买到二手艇的机会，同时也会在捍卫您利益的基础上为您提供必要的信息。您的游艇经纪人也会为您准备一份购买意向书，供您签署。此意向书应该清楚 阐明出销售条款，包括您与卖方一致同意的双方义务，及这些义务什么时候应该完成等。同时您出需要对此艇付一部分定金，通常此定金是由第三方信托机构保管，此费用受制于试航及船检结果。
- Making an Offer on a New Boat – If you already own a Yacht and want to trade it in on a new Yacht, YCA will communicate with dealers taking trade-ins, and will inform you of tax issues and tax savings associated with the trade-in. Price negotiations may include making your new boat available to show to other dealership clients in the future. Depending on whether the vessel is custom built, semi-custom, or a production model, there is usually a basic cost, plus transportation expenses from the builder to the dealership, plus optional equipment and installation.
为新艇提供相应的议价 --- 如果您已经拥有一艘艇，或者想把其用来抵换一条新艇。YCA将会把您的“抵价换购”想法与经销商进行沟通，然后会及时通知您此“抵价换购”方式带给您的税等相关。议价会根据此船是否是客制化建造，半客制化或量产的一个型号等，可能包括在将来把您的新艇推广给其它的经销商客户。通常来说，游艇有一个基价，及其从制造商运到经销商处的运费及其所提供的选项设备及安装。
- Paperwork – YCA Brokers and co brokers are familiar with all the paper work requirements for their country, state or province, from the initial Offer to Purchase and Bill of Sale to licensing and registration; or documentation and titling, to paying tax and other fees, as well as certificates of ownership, security agreements, and other documents needed to complete a sale. For example, twenty three forms are needed at a closing of a brokerage boat in Florida USA...and (27forms for foreign flagged vessels). Our Brokers and Lawyers understand maritime and admiralty liens for the type of vessels they represent, as well as agency contracts, listing agreements, closing statements, deposit requirements and escrowed (Trust) accounts required to safeguard your funds.
- Sea Trial and Survey - The Buyer of a vessel will usually request a sea trial and the services of a Marine Surveyor to be certain of the condition of the Yacht. Buyers pay for the surveys and for hauling the boat out of the water for inspection. Your YCA Yacht Broker will attend the sea trial and marine survey with you, and help you determine how to properly identify and understand the inevitable yacht survey issues....he will put those problems in proper context. Your Broker will can help estimate time and cost of correcting, and where to obtain accurate quotes for items that are unfamiliar. Your Banker and insurance carrier will usually require a copy of the survey.
- The Art of Negotiating the Deal – The YCA Broker can use his position as a middleman to keep the negotiations between you and the Seller moving to a successful conclusion. We know how to establish CURRENT fair market values, by using industry resources not available to the public..... we don’t guess.
- Safeguard Funds – Your YCA Broker will normally use an Hong Kong escrow (trust) account for the buyers’ funds. Our Broker/Lawyer team, ensure that at closing, any existing loans or other encumbrances are paid off. This safeguard is of critical importance to the buyer and seller, and can be a potentially serious hazard in a private transaction, not involving a broker.
- After the Sale - YCA Brokers and Dealers can help you find moorage and yacht maintenance and repair specialists or facilities. We can refer you to classes on sailing, boat handling, seamanship and yacht operators’’ licensing. We can recommend Captains and Crew experienced in local waters, helping you chart a course for great day, weekend or longer trips. We can connect you with boat clubs, races and rendezvous sponsored by builders, dealerships, and local or international Yachting communities.
Please review our many current Yacht Listings and Contact Us at anytime to meet your new YCA Yacht Broker.